Wednesday, January 11, 2017

How It All Began...

I mentioned in my first post that I would tell you how I got started creating with wood. Well, here goes...

My husband (Hubby) used to work for a manufacturing company. He was the go-to tool repair guy. He soaked up all kinds of knowledge on how to fix all kinds of things, which I have benefited from greatly. (Think washer, dryer, dishwasher, toys!) 

Anyhoo, Hubby now works at the local technical college as an Automation Technology Instructor. He was born to be a teacher! He is also a people person, making friends easily. So, one day a co-worker mentioned she needed to buy a new scroll saw. Hers had quit working after years of making wood cut-outs for her yard and decorations. This wonderful lady said Hubby could have the old saw and see if he could fix it. Of course, he did! He thought I would enjoy using the scroll saw to make my own things out of wood. He saw potential in me when I couldn't. He has always believed in me and I am so very lucky to have him in my life. (Shout out to Hubby!) 

Now, about the same time, my wonderful In-Laws had to replace their old wood fencing. I had been thinking about making a fireplace screen out of wood. I just never got the gumption to go buy what I needed. It was fate. Fate I tell you! I asked for some of the old wood to play with. Thankfully, my In-Laws only gave me strange looks and indulged me.

Fireplace Screen (a.k.a. My First Project)

I love how it turned out! I had so much fun and felt so impressed with myself. I love turning my ideas into reality. I didn't know what I was capable of until I tried. So, I tried some more...

Apple Basket Hanging

Seasonal Door Hanging

...and more...

Memo Board/Organization Center

Porch Snowflakes

...and even more!

Monogram Porch Sign

Paisley Painting


Now I have a booth of my very own, featuring my creations, at the Quilted Bear in Ogden! Stop by and check it out if you are in the neighborhood! (Booth R-10)


No comments:

Post a Comment